Everything You Need to Find the Best Block Heel Wedding Shoes
If you’re a bride who's considering bridal block heels for your wedding day, this ultimate guide is for you. As wedding shoe experts, we know all about choosing the best block heels for your wedding day. Whether you’re having an outdoor wedding or just feel more secure in block heels, use this as your shopping guide for your wedding block shoes.
What is a Block Heel?
Block heel shoes are a type of shoe with a chunky and thick heel. The heel shape is typically square in shape or slightly rounded and made with sturdy material to support the weight of the feet. Wedding shoes with chunky heels have become increasingly popular because of the thickness of the heel, which provides extra support and security as compared to stiletto heels.While this type of heel is commonly known as ‘block heels’, they can also be called ‘chunky heels’, ‘stacked heels’, ‘blocky heels’, ‘square heels’ or ‘thick heels’. Shop Block Heels
Types of Block Heels
There are many comfortable and stylish block heel options for your wedding day. Here are some popular types:
Pro Block Heels Tip
Many brides think that their shoes can’t be seen under their wedding dress, so they pick unflattering shoes that are comfortable. This is a common misconception as your shoes will still peek from under your dress as you walk. So you’ll want to choose fashionable shoes, like block heels, that combine style and comfort.
- Easy to walk in
A lot of brides find block heels easier to walk in because of the chunky heel. This is perfect for brides who want an extra boost of height on their wedding day.
- Great for outdoor weddings
The wider and thicker heel gives you stability for the uneven terrain. Plus, you don’t have to worry about your heels sinking in grass.
- Comfortable & stylish alternative to stiletto heels
Block heels are a stylish and comfy choice for brides who want the height but don’t feel confident in a thin stiletto heel.
- Formal choice for weddings
Block heels look elegant for a formal event while providing the comfort and security from the chunkier heel.
- Easy to rewear
Rewear your heels as block heel evening shoes on date nights and special events to relive the memories from your wedding day.
- Doubles as reception shoes.
Not only are you able to dance all-night, you also don’t have to worry about your wedding dress being too long or short for the reception.
How to Choose Block Heels for Your Wedding Day
If you’re not used to wearing heels but you don’t want to wear flats, then block heels are the perfect choice. Here are the factors to consider to pick the perfect block heel wedding shoes for you:
Block Heel Heights
The first thing to consider is how tall you want to be on your wedding day. Bella Belle has block heels in different heel heights for every type of bride that are stylish and comfortable.
Your Wedding Dress Style
The next thing to consider is your wedding dress style and look. You want your block heels and bridal dress to complement each other so that you have a cohesive wedding look. Get inspired by our #BellaBelleBrides wedding dress styles and their bridal block heels.
Your Wedding Venue
While block heels are the most popular choice for brides who are having an outdoor wedding because of the wider heel, it is actually also versatile for any wedding venue. Opt for closed toe block heels for a more formal venue and a sandal block heel for a more casual wedding vibe.
Your Feet Type
Getting the right size for your block heels is important to ensure that you feel comfortable and confident on your wedding day. Here are our expert tips to help you find your right size based on your feet type:
Most of our block heels fit true to size (check the specifications in each product description). If you have wide feet and the block heel fits true to size, we recommend sizing US ½ up from your usual shoe size. Some of our block heels fit wide feet and you can get your usual shoe size. Our wide fit block heels are: Ardelia, Margo, Valerie, Zoya, Heidi and Laurie.
Most of our block heels fit true to size. We have sizing recommendations in each product description. If you have narrow feet and the block heels fit true to size, we recommend sizing US ½ down from your usual shoe size for a better fit.
- If the block heel product description specifies the size as running small, choose the bigger size in your size range.
- If the block heel product description specifies the size as running big, choose the smaller size in your size range.
- If the block heel product description specifies the size as runs true to size, choose the bigger size in your size range.
Pro Block Heels Tip
If your block heel fits just a little big but doesn’t warrant a ½ size down, you can add heel liner and insole padding to make your block heels fit more snug. If it fits just a little eight, stretch the shoes by wearing thick socks.
As wedding shoe experts, we have the best tips before your wedding day so that you feel your most confident self on your wedding day.
- Remove the plastic lining under your block heels to unveil soft and luxurious leather outsole.
- Break in your wedding block heels by wearing them around the house so that they fit you comfortably. This also allows you to properly figure out the perfect ankle strap or ribbon tie setting.
- If your block heels have prongs that hold crystals, you can apply a few coats of clear nail polish so that it doesn’t catch on your dress.
- Bring your wedding block heels to your dress alterations and fittings to hem your dress length perfectly. Plus, you’ll get to see your whole wedding look come to life!
Now that your wedding day is over, here are some tips to help care for your bridal block heels so that you can rewear them for years to come.
- You can spot clean stains on your block heels by using a non fragrant wet wipe or a soft toothbrush in a gentle cleaning solution (1 part gentle detergent to 3 parts water). Use a paper towel to dry it to prevent water stains.
- If your block heels have any odor, you can leave a pair of socks (filled with baking soda and a few drops of your favorite essential oil) in your flats overnight.
- To prevent any molds or discoloration, keep your block heels in the same stuffing and shoe box that it came with, in a closet away from direct sunlight.
- Block heels are so versatile! Rewear them for your honeymoon, date nights or your anniversary to relive the beautiful memories.
- If you would like to dye your block heels, you can do so by going to a professional dyer.
The Perfect Bella Belle Designer Block Heel Wedding Shoes
Here is what makes Bella Belle block heels known as The Prettiest 12-hour Shoes:
Bella Belle Block Heel Bestsellers
If you’re still unsure on what bridal block heels to pick, here are some of the bestselling block heels:
If you are deciding between block heels or stiletto heels, you’ll want to consider what you are more comfortable wearing. If you want height but aren’t confident in stiletto heels, then block heels are best for you.
Block heels are the perfect blend for a casual or formal wedding. If you like the casual look of sneakers, opt for block heel sandals as the open toe design is deemed as more casual than close toe block heels.
Some brides view wedges as more traditional while block heels are a more modern take as they look more sophisticated, minimal and less chunky.
If you want a little height but you want the comfort of flats, block heels are the perfect choice for you.
It’s your wedding day so we recommend choosing a block heel color that is an extension of your personality! Have fun with it.
Yes you definitely can! Our ivory block heels are a very light ivory, so they go perfectly with both ivory wedding dresses or white bridal gowns.